About Home Care
Care Management Fees
Comparing care management fees is important.
Some service providers charge a care management fee for coordinating care and services as outlined in your Care Plan. These fees vary, which can significantly impact the amount of care hours you will receive. Overpaying means there is less money to spend on quality care.
Care Management Fees can be confusing. If you need help understanding how they work you can contact us and one of our Home Care Navigators will be happy to talk you through it all.
What does the care management fee cover?
Care management can include:
- Reviewing your home care agreement and Care Plan.
- Coordinating and scheduling care and services.
- Ensuring care and services are aligned with other supports.
- Liaising with you or your loved ones
- Ensuring that care and services are culturally appropriate.
- Identifying and addressing risks to your safety.
Do I have to pay a care management fee?
You can choose to self-manage your services and reduce your care management fee but not all providers allow this. You can easily find those who allow self management or charge a fortnightly care management fee in the CareCompare search.
Learn more about
Income-tested care fee